Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

tyme
Community Lead

Support for L-B

Hey everyone! This is a support space for @L-B .

@L-B , would you like to kick off by giving a bit of an intro here about yourself for those who haven't read your previous posts?

Tagging @Shaz51 @NatureLover @Oaktree @PinkFlamingo @MermaidHair @Asgard 

62 REPLIES 62

Re: Support for L-B

Hey @L-B Welcome to the SANE forums!

I just read a bit of your intro over on the welcome page, I'm glad you're here. You're never alone! I have struggled with anxiety and depression and I have bipolar disorder, there are a lot of people like us here. If you feel a medication isn't working for you are you able to raise this with your doctor and possibly try something else? I got a bit unlucky with antidepressants and had to try a few before I found one that meshed with me.

I hope you enjoy the forums and find them a supportive and welcoming place. 

Hi @L-B 

@tyme @MermaidHair @Shaz51 

Welcome to the forums,

I struggled with depression for many years. I wanted to end it all and even tried. But I can tell you that I am now glad to be here. My depression and anxiety have lifted and for the first time since diagnosis (1990) I feel relatively normal. I have bipolar so I still get little blips in my mood but for the last 3 years I have been so well. They did a medication review and finally gave me medication that wasn’t fighting with each other. There is hope. I know from experience how dark that hole of depression is but if you just hold on you will reach the other side of it eventually. There is a lot of support here on the forums and I wish you well in your recovery. 

Hi @L-B 

And how does today find you, read your story and can certainly identify with what you are going through.  Also felt that my meds weren't working so got them changed and I feel a bit better with the new batch.  I think the best medicine for me and maybe for you is maintaining contact with other people.  I get a boost when I interact with people.  I think that you have managed to find this forum is great and the people here are always read to listen to ye.  Even though we are just nameless handles, the love & support ye get from these people makes it like a well connected family.  So welcome to the family  🙂

I have slept in and taken a nap mid morning. I know it's not ideal but thought it would help. I am due to see my doctor in 2 weeks to review medication. I'm not coping with my part-time job which scares me as it would leave me without adequate income. I have no personal leave available. Feeling afraid.

Your fears are valid @L-B . Do you have enough of a rapport with your place of work to let them know your situation? 

Also, how are you today?

I am worse today..I might be able to take leave without pay. Unsure of their reaction. It's a fairly new position.

I'm sorry to hear @L-B .

I wonder if a conversation with them will be helpful? As I said, I don't know your workplace so whatever you do, you need to feel comfortable with it.

We are here for moral support 🙂

They are aware I have mental illness as I told them when I applied for the job but I feel overly concerned that they will think they've hired a dud considering I've been in the job 2 months only.

I hope you will be able to advocate for yourself. Well done on being able to tell them in the first place. That in itself takes a lot of courage. @L-B 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance