Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Yeah I have @Sans911 πŸ˜³

Thank you. Some good and some not-so-good news from surgeon re pathology. Will update my thread at some stage. But for now ... I just feel very vulnerable and confused. Not sure I made right choice. Time will tell I guess.

Hows your week going? πŸ’“

Hi @Sans911 πŸ‘‹πŸ’ž

Hi @Emelia8 @outlander @Eve7 @Snowie .... anyone else around.

❀️ @Emelia8 

We can never be sure if the decisions we make @Emelia8. I often wonder what might have happened had I not had such radical surgery last year. How long would it have taken for my non-invasive cancer to take hold & become invasive? What if I didn't have such a proactive gp?

I actually got notified on Monday that my corrective surgery is scheduled to be for about two weeks time. I don't see my plastic surgeon until next week, and although I have some idea of what's she has planned, I don't know how long the surgery will be or how long my hospital stay will be. People have asked how I feel about it all, and I really don't know.

Apart from that, I'm alright. All the stressful stuff is settling down now. I'm not in constant distress any more.

Thats good @Sans911 ... Im glad.

Not being in constant distress, is a big improvement. πŸ’“

Thanks for telling me about the non invasive bit. The cancerous lump I was aware of was already invasive and of a highly aggressive type, or grade. Unknown to me though, the surgeon actually removed another lesion too.  Couple of cms from the other one. It tested as cancer too, but was in-situ, or not invasive ... yet. Although if they find these, they recommend surgical removal anyway, same as you were advised.

There were also early changes in other areas of the tissue sample as well. Makes me wonder how many more are in there that they dont know about. And perhaps I should have had a double mastectomy, and be done with it. 

I dont know. Im worried.

Hi @Faith-and-Hope @Anastasia 

Emelia 🌷

I'm sure @Emelia8 they would have done their very best to remove everything they suspected. And they will closely monitor you now even after further treatment.

I had a fairly large area at the rear of my left breast of non invasive cancer (but high grade also) plus another area which wasn't easy to perform a lumpectomy on. I opted for a bilateral mascetomy only because I didn't want to stress about further monitoring & potentially more surgery down the line. I'm only 50, which might have meant another 30 years of tests. It's such an individual decision to make. I don't think there's any right or wrong choices. It's really up to what you can cope with. My original surgery was close to 13hours! Then a week in hospital, a month of no driving, cleaning, heavy lifting. You have a husband to care for. I don't.

@Sans911 πŸ€—πŸ™πŸ’ž

@Emelia8 πŸ’πŸ’žπŸ™

@Sans911 sis πŸ’œπŸ’›

@Sans911 πŸ’œ

@Sans911 hoping today is a good day for you.

Lots of love and hugs sis πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance