Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

NatureLover
Community Elder

Follow-Up to the OCD Discussion Event

Hi all! I thought several people might like a follow-up thread to the OCD discussion event last night, Topic Tuesday - OCD - Behind The Mask -Tues 13th April 2021 . It might be nice for connection, and to discuss OCD. 🙂 I will tag you all here: 

@Shaz51  @Former-Member  @Emelia8  @Clawde  @Eve7  @Justme123  @TiSoG21  @Adge 

Also tagging those on the support buttons or who expressed interest in being reminded about the event:

@Anastasia  @Merry  @pipinya  

@Dee89 @BabyDragon @AngelB @Hooligan @FireStorm @Paladin67 @Emelia8 @PAX1741 @Lokison @thelorax @ZoukMum @shubu000 @twilight @Luna24 @kresii @Tropical @QueenCornelia @Jess10  @AdeleScott  @Fonz80  @Sweet_cheeks  @Mazarita 

Also @Daisydreamer  and @Former-Member who ran the event  - although you may not have time with your other duties 🙂

@TiSoG21  I'm especially interested to hear how your husband manages his germophobia with no medication or counselling...

And @Justme123  I'm sorry I didn't get to welcome you last night due to the many posts in the event. Do you have OCD? What form does it take? 

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Follow-Up to the OCD Discussion Event

wonderful tread @NatureLover Smiley Very Happy

Thanks beautiful @NatureLover 

I appreiate this as I am unable to absorb much at present so would like to revisit this in a few days time - I found the anxiety behind OCD really interesting as I never realised there to be a connnection.

Hats off to you for a wonderful job xoxo love and hugs

Hello @TiSoG21 Smiley Very Happy

Hello! Thanks so much for starting this @NatureLover I'm really happy we can have a follow up 🙂

Glad to see you here too @Shaz51!

Its hard to say how hubby manages the OCD in his mind, but when it comes to practically, we just clean things as it becomes necessary. His isn't necessarily germ related as much as it is contaminating "clean" areas or objects with "dirty" things. 

So for example, we moved a mattress out of the house last week that had been on the floor for a few years. The mattress was "dirty" and therefore the floor close to it also was. To move it out, we had to:

- stand it up on the spot

- put a fitted sheet over one side

- maneuver the mattress to a better spot on the floor

- fitted sheet over otherside

- pick it up,carry it out of the house without touching anything.

If it came within a foot of touching a doorframe or wall, I had to clean said surface later. Which looked like:

- waiting outside while husband showered after moving the mattress

- then going in and showering

- ajax wiping every surface (doors/walls/floors) that the mattress came close to. 

So that's one example of how we manage. 

Thanks for Tagging me @NatureLover 

The OCD Topic Tuesday Discussion was scheduled to finish at 8.30pm (AEST).

It concluded shortly after 8.00pm - Then the Thread was Locked, as I was Posting "Thankyou's to all who facilitated discussion (including Community Manager & yourself).

My Thank you Post was then Rejected (not Posted), because the OCD Topic Tuesday Thread was Locked (soon after 8.00pm AEST/ 6.00pm WST).

Someone please explain the reasons for this - being given no prior warning that the Thread was being Locked 25 to 30 Minutes Before Scheduled End of Discussion (25 to 30 minutes early).

Kind Regards,

Adge

Yes I was surprised  too @Adge  with the ending  of topic Tuesday finishing earlier than usual too 

Thank you @Shaz51 That means that you did not know that this was going to happen, either.

Adge

Hi @Adge  and @Shaz51 , Daisydreamer did mention that the event would be finishing early, after one hour...she mentioned it just before it started, the fourth post down, here . But Adge, you might have missed it as you got the tag late. I'm sorry you were shocked by it. 😞

@Adge  what form does your OCD take? 

@Anastasia  there is absolutely no pressure to follow along, you have so much on your plate. Thanks for your kind words Heart Thinking of you 💚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance