Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Does anyone want to talk

kinda our dream to have space around us kids and dog both need room to run around and make bike tracks and stuff, our yard is ok here but not that big, not 2 + acres kind of big

@ArraDreaming ooh yes, more space is always a welcome change! Especially as your kids grow up and start to need their own space and stuff. I can already picture you making elaborate bike jumps and big obstacle courses 😍 Would be so cool to live next to a lake, too!! Are you applying for it? Fingers crossed for you if so!! 🤞

I'm off @ArraDreaming take care of your wonderful self, and I'll chat to you tomorrow if you're around 😊💜

Yeah I mean we applied, we just gotta make sure the stuff around the water is safe, so Mrs j and I are just tossing up if it’s for, applied for a few others I would prefer that because of the space and the kind of land it’s on with it’s own little river connection and that but Mrs j doesn’t like the house as much, idk, our rent here is just far too much we can’t really afford a $100 increase per week @Jynx we are in a rental crisis so maybe we will get nothing but the price they want for our rent is absurd

@ArraDreaming yeah they're getting so greedy with the rental rates, it's absolutely absurd. I can only afford to live alone because I live in like... a shack 🤣 I joke, it's like a granny flat. But it's very obvious it's not been wired by a professional, there's literal metres of cable poking up out of the corner of the floor and I found a DIY electricians handbook in the shed 😅

“Electricial work for dummies” or something @Jynx yeah wow that’s shonky as
Our old house was similar…. maybe not to that standard but it’s wasn’t in the greatest nick… hence it being our OLD house lol when we moved out they tried to sting us for a couple bugs being in the house when I reminded them, hey a window doesn’t shut properly you know the one you said you would fix? Thats why bugs have gotten in, also, we’ve been vacant for 2 weeks so what do you expect

$100 a week is absurd

That’s like 7% or something but they can do what they want cause it’s private

Yeah that's the one @ArraDreaming hahaha. I don't have NBN or room for a washing machine or dishwasher either. But I just enjoy the solitude (and affordable rent) too much to move! I'd have to go back into a sharehouse and the last.... like 5 sharehouse situations I was in were all really bad for my mental health 😅

Ugh yeah the stinge is real - I've got a door that won't shut (biggest heating bill everrrr), a broken air con that only blows cold air (blessing in summer, useless in winter), my little porch is not weather proof and has started to collapse, and in the warmer months a white powder (we think it's degrading insulation stuff) falls from the ceiling leaving a fine coating on all the surfaces.... buuuut still much happier here in my little swamp shack than having to deal with housemate dramas. 

Ugh yikes, yeah extra $100 a week is nasty, I was salty as when they hiked my rent by just $25 a week! When would the increase begin? Like do you have to scramble to find something in a hurry or you got time to be picky?

Re: Support for Flowerlove22

Well we have known For a while, but I guess one benefit of private renting is there is a bit more flexibility… we do have to take the increase until we move out if we find something
So I guess we will never be without which is good to know… just extremely unaffordable here so if we stay it will be very very hard so hopefully we get something even a little cheaper or on par to what we are paying now @Jynx I want the acreage though
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance