Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: World Bee Day

I love this thread @Shaz51 

I used to have blue banded bees but they didn't visit my blue salvia last summer

Oh they look so cute in the pictures. I'm not sure I would want them in my home, but I know bees are very important for the ecosystem. So, yay bees. 

blue banded beesblue banded bees

awww @Dimity , did you have many bees 

there are some bees that don't sting @Ainjoule 😎

if they are outside that is good 

funny we had one in the car this morning 😅

open the window and he flew out without any worries 

I only ever saw 2 or 3 at once @Shaz51 . They're solitary bees - nesting in a little burrow - and don't have hives. 

@Shaz51 , oh wow! Thank you for sharing lovely Shaz! I had no idea there were so many types of bees! They are beautiful 😍 

I don't have any hives either @Dimity but see some in the garden which is nice 

Hello @Healandlove will find some more different pictures to share 

My BIL has been hives and gives us some honey through the year 

We mistakenly think flies and mosquitoes, cockroaches... are at best simply a dirty inconvenience, but they serve an important purpose. If it weren't for these insects the earth would be constantly covered 6feet deep in rotting carcasses, we would be vulnerable to many more frightening infections than these critters present us with, just because the decaying process after death would be badly slowed down...they hasten the biological decaying process...and mosquitoes help regulate our blood flow because they've an anticoagulant in their saliva. Also mosquitoes are attracted people with healthy immune systems, it's the female mozzies that bite us, and they do it to lay their eggs. There are some fascinating books, docos etc about entymology @Shaz51.

@Shaz51 photo of one of my son’s  Beehives. Stingless/Sugarbag bees look like tiny flies 🪰 

IMG_2956.jpeg

Blue Banded Bee heavy with pollen 

IMG_2958.jpeg

Summer in WA

IMG_2957.jpeg

G

@Shaz51  my beautiful daughter loves beesl. she carries around sugar water to revive bees who have lost their energy to fly.xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance