Skip to main content

Re: Good Morning!

oh. yes, have seen people asking after stuff at local PO come to think of it now @Mustang67 

@TAB I think I might be in luck. A lady on a PNC FB group works in a post office in Brisbane and she said they have one left. She said she will purchase it for me and I can reimburse her plus postage and she will post it out. So hopefully this pans out 🤞🤞🤞

I'd say it would be okay @Mustang67  they seem to look after the stamp nuts lol

whats a DNC ?

@TAB and just after typing your message the lady got back to me and I have secured the PNC. Now I am happy. She is going to post it out today.

I will have to keep her details handy in case I can't find ones in the future. She is a good contact to have 😊

very good @Mustang67 😎

@TAB Did you mean, what is a PNC?

It stands for Postal Numismatic Covers. So they usually have one or more stamps for a specific theme or anniversary and a coin that commemorates the same theme. 

1000013250.jpg

1000013249.jpg

This is what I have been searching for most of the day.

okay I didnt know @Mustang67  just knew first day covers from decades ago. could get them with or without postmark think

Hi @SmilingGecko going to the dentist is something I am so overdue to do. I now have two teeth at the back that have cracked and broken apart. But because of my depression I haven't looked after them like I should. 

What are grounding sheets?  Is there a link you could send, so I can have a look. I am having so much pain with my back I will give anything a go. And I have just been diagnosed as having osteoarthritis in both knees. In the summer months they aren't too bad, but in the colder months they ache.

I hope you have an enjoyable rest of your day 😊🌻

@TAB To tell you the truth I don't really know a lot about First Day Covers. They are probably a limited edition sort of thing. Maybe I should ask the FB Group to explain the difference. 

I will do that now. 

can google it @Mustang67  looks like they dont do it anymore.

Definition of a First Day Cover by “Philatelic Terms Illustrated” a Stanley Gibbons publication is:

“A cover franked with a postage stamp or stamps, postmarked and sent through the post on the first day they were officially authorised for use.”