Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social space

Re: Good Morning!

No longer Good Morning, but a Good Afternoon to everyone 🔆

What have y’all been up to today? 

Good morning @Macqua @SmilingGecko 

@PeppyPatti I’m a bit excited about you redoing the picture I like.

Having said that, is it really a redo or part II of a series?

I’m not very good with artistic terms?

@Oaktree you are an artist 🧑‍🎨 Do you still create artwork?

G

Good Morning @Glisten @Macqua @PeppyPatti 

Just received this in my e-mails this morning from someone I know! Sounds about right lol

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 9.38.51 am.png

Good morning @SmilingGecko @Glisten@PeppyPatti @TAB !!

Lol at the Melbourne Seasons, we are for sure in the reception era. Especially since I’m currently standing in the cold wind at the bus stop!

Busy morning so far, dropped my car off for a service, said to the guy “I’ve recently lost my job so as few things needing to be done as possible would be great.” And all I got back “Was I’ll do my job and leave it up to you.” Thanks mate….

Had breakfast and a coffee with dad at Maccas and did some Spooky Season shopping at Kmart! Bought the cutest hair clips that have diamanted spiders and earrings that have diamanted dangling skeletons on them, I’m stoked!

Now heading home to get back on the phone to Centrelink and then have a review with my doctor about some medications.

Whats everyone else got planned?

I know its weird weather @Macqua I'm doing some yoga today. I never knew Kmart was gearing up for Halloween. I don't know if kids come by and do trick or treat anymore with this pandemic stuff going on. I was going to have something ready if kids knocked at the door. Don't know what else I am doing for today. I hope your car service is thorough. Enjoy your Maccas

yeah, mechanics decided somewhere along line $120 /hr is low end ,I though ok its mining town, etc, you have some overheads. but then same price here in country Sa, then next quote, given himself 10% payrise lol i been waiting months to get something done, ok not all his fault, but mostly. other option is to go to 'bigtown' 10x population and 25ks away and get good mechanic (good reports on a few , but would have to get home and back again not sure thats do-able by bus, might look again, orr stay night in motel and have night out on town ha ha lol @Macqua 

Yes I'm quite stressed what I did last week.....

I bought via afterpay some coins - I cannot believe I'v done this - $1000 worth. 

In retrospect they are good presents for my two sons. In retrospect iv messed up hugely. 

The other huge issue is that my therapist is doing budgeting with me today. 

Bugger. 

Besides that - housekeeping. Dusting. 

https://youtu.be/FIDqurjPXEA?si=0dfjyBlLx2MkZNFB

@Glisten 

Yep. You have sore limbs from fixing things up. I

'm vacuuming under the bed today but that does not equal sore limbs. 

Did you sleep 😴 ? Back to vacuuming. I can get into this type of life. 

Realising you don't need to be hugely stressed out every day. Getting used to it. 

I know this might sound a bit silly 

But if I'm not hugely stressed out, am I wasting my life ?? 

IMG20240916130520.jpg

Thats a lavish present @PeppyPatti. I hope your therapist can help you with your budgeting.  I have to keep telling myself to stay in the black financially. There are so many ways to show your love that doesn't include expenditure you shouldn't be pressured or obliged to come up with something big being on a low income. I'm sorry you now regret it.  Its is a horrible feeling after a big outlay. You don't want to be without food or utilities. This happened to someone I knew who was a hoarder and now his money is being managed by State Trustees because he had no money left for food. He was a compulsive spender.  If you don't mind me saying you could do a spending tracker. Just have a book where you do entries for everything you spend. I have to do this myself and found it a good way to be mindful of where my money was going. I keep it at my computer and look at it every day. I learnt the spending tracker concept from Jess Irvine from The Age who is a financial advisor. She teaches people how to budget. Here is a free pdf download of what a spending tracker looks like. Where you see your money is going and its in your face you are less likely to spend

https://www.jessicairvine.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Spending-Tracker-Money-with-Jess.pdf

The day is going well but the mechanic hasn’t contacted me yet and I’m starting to get anxious about it…

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance