Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Despair due to relationship breakdown

This is your place @john74 

As well. 

hi @john74, I hope you’re doing better today. I think it’s best to look for other places even if it hurts. Living with them will only make things difficult for you if you’re not very supported socially. The housing crisis won’t help your case, but looking for places will get things started. I don’t recommend changing the locks as she still lives there as well and since you have no conflict it would be best to avoid any 🙂

whilst I know you are hurting, I am still hurting too you have to keep moving. It’s just the only way to live, even if you don’t feel like living you have to survive one day at a time. Start reaching out to friends, make new ones, and seek help from people who can support you best.

write down the steps you need to take to heal and get yourself settled somewhere, mentally or physically. Take care

@john74 

I like how @PinkFlamingo thinks. The past is clouding your thinking. You may be vulnerable but you are stronger because you have reached out for help. 

.we believe in you here. 

@tyme @PinkFlamingo @Appleblossom @Parzival @Shaz51 @TAB  @Adge @faithandhope 

.. not the same I know, but friend who I had invited on a short holiday went psychotic and started trashing the place. then to my disbelief they rang cops and said I had assaulted them .. the guy who came was a pig , literally , like 6 ft 6 and 130kg he just said you have to go and she is staying here(in holiday rental I paid for that she had already started trashing) anyway. I survived. we made up and went and lost some more bond money for me at another place lol @john74 @PeppyPatti 

am happily on my own. they passed on like 10 years ago due to lifestyle

She's ' passed ? Oh, no time to come back and say sorry for terrible past behaviour. 

Hi @TAB, @PeppyPatti @ What am l am very concerned about is what will happen when she returns home supposedly Monday. Her son hardly spoke yesterday when she turned up to get camping Gear and she didn't unless l.went to see what they were doing. I spoke to mental health triage today and had an intake assessment. 

best  to not be where she is ? @john74  that's my 2 cents worth. just get away from there

Your good for doing that @john74 

Think of yourself number one. 

Don't let your past cloud your future. Your home is half yours. Perhaps, because of your wellbeing could you tell her your staying in it and she can find somewhere else ? 

Is that too tough for you or so you think you can speak this ? 

@john74 

PinkFlamingo here, just wondering how you are, and how you’re going with the relationship and housing situation, and how this is impacting on your wellbeing. 
please feel free to reply anytime - your well-being is important and we care 🌺

Hey @john74 @PeppyPatti ,

Hope you are both okay. I was passing through and wanted to check-in with you to say Hi 🙂

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance