Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Oscillation between two mind sets

@lavenderhaze I think I’ll need to ride it out. Im also out right now. I’ve had urges to go to places and do something, but I’m trying not to. I do have my next class coming up at 1:15

I am so sorry lovely @creative_writer, I know that can be scary 😞

I am here for you ❤️ Chat whenever you can, I want to support you

If you feel unsafe then please reach out to lifeline 131114 or call 000

@lavenderhaze I can keep myself safe for now. I’m just very overwhelmed, something just feels off. CPTSD has been hard, can’t forget the memories

I have been told time and time again my emotions were not right when growing up. I know there is probably years of unexpressed emotions and all, but sometimes I wonder how can I make my emotions more neurotypical. How do I make myself look like a normal person with normal emotions. Like is my reaction reasonable to the situation I’m reacting to right now with SA? Are my emotions incorrect or are they okay? So many questions keep popping up

I can really hear how much these questions are plaguing you @creative_writer. I could try to answer them but I'm not sure it would be helpful for you right now. 

Maybe it could be worth thinking about what you want the answers to be? Whether there are answers at all? And whether getting these answers will feel satisfying for you/alleviate your distress? 

I dunno if that is helpful or not. But I am sending you a big squishy hug of reassurance and acceptance 💜🫂

@Jynx my brain gets very caught up on trying to act normal, it’s exhausting. I have always felt too different and have tried to hide it, but it takes so much of me

Hey @creative_writer ,

I can hear how draining it can act to be something that's not really you. Do you think it's about society seeing who YOU really are and learning to accept that?

@tyme maybe. It’s just hard to shake off the feeling that my emotions are wrong. I always feel like I’m overreacting, hence, annoying others. Like I shouldn’t be in this much pain that’s it’s affecting my ability to function

What kind of life is this?

R U OK @creative_writer , sitting here with you my friend 

@PizzaMondo 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance