Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

3cat
New Contributor

Waiting for psychiatrists help

Hello, I am new here and am seeking advice. I was orginally suspected of having bi polar and am on a wait list for a psychiatrist. However, i feel as though i am struggling more with my mood and more with new symptoms arising such as hearing things that are not there. My GP has told me theres nothing she can really do to help until im offically diagnosed. Does anyone have any tips on making it through weeks of waiting for offical help?

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Waiting for psychiatrists help

Hey @3cat, thank you for posting and welcome to the forums 😊

I definitely understand that wait periods can be frustrating. To help get through in the meantime, some options out there are speaking to our counsellors at our Support Centre, and also this article about hearing things might have some suggestions you'd find helpful. All the best 💐

Re: Waiting for psychiatrists help

@3cat  Hey 3cat and welcome to the forums. Do you have a good support base around you?I have bipolar I/schizoaffective disorder and ptsd with anxiety. I was hearing voices for 18 months before I was officially diagnosed and treated with medication. It is a long slow process but take heart there is a end in sight where you will be well again., If things get really tough you can always go to your emergency department and ask to be placed in their mental health ward. Take care of yoursef. We are here for you. greenpeaxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance