Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting loved ones living with BPD // Tuesday 25th January, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT

For me, it has taught me the value of unconditional love, just realise you can care for another vulnerable human being that way and so much is reward in itself

Re: Topic Tuesday // Supporting loved ones living with BPD // Tuesday 25th January, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT

Hi @Maybe1 ,

New research is always coming out. Perhaps, in the future, we will have hard evidence that genetics are involved?

Thank you for joining us tonight!

tyme

Yes absolutely. My husband and I just hold our breath waiting for our 22year old daughters next explosion. Its very hard trying to make sure that her MI does not become ours.

Wow @Farmboy . I totally agree with you! If we could write down the awesome qualities of having BPD and/or caring for a loved one with BPD brings out, we could really celebrate!

@Maybe1 

Do you and your husband have a support network for yourself?

It is important that you also have an outlet for yourselves.

Later, we will go through some strategies that may help with caring for your loved one.

tyme

does BPD come with childhood trauma?

@BlueBay  @tyme 

I used to wonder about this with my darling coming from a loving home.

But in recent years she has discussed her version of events that happened during her developmental years, no SA (that I am.aware of ) but involving family turmoil. 

Moving around a lot, and siblings that were less than model citizens. 

So for my darling who is super sensitive from.a very young age,  these things were quite traumatic for her. 

@cloudcore @tyme @Daisydreamer 

I have to leave this really interesting topic - i've got another headache!!

i would love to stay until the end by my head is pounding,  need to rest up.  thanks for this great topic, 

@Maybe1 ,

Also, whether genetics are or are not involved, BPD is TOTALLY treatable!

People say otherwise, but I've lived it and I know that is is treatable. The main thing is that the pwBPD is ready to put in the hard work and work to make changes.

tyme

Hi @Maybe1 , welcome to the forums. 😊

That sounds really stressful, waiting for the next explosion. I'm wondering if you and your husband have any supports for yourselves?

Question 3: How do you look after yourself when supporting a loved one with BPD? @tyme 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance