Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Alltaken
Casual Contributor

Hello

I'm new here and I'm terrified but I need help. I don't know what kind of help? Just some friendly words to make me feel like a human.

I'm a 46 year old female with quiet bpd and chronic depression and anxiety disorder which l am sure l was born with.

I love animals, nature, music and art. Im a night owl and terrified of society and authority.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Hello

Alltaken,

Im Dockers6, one of the moderators here. Welcome, and thankyou for sharing your humanness on the forum. I am sure many of the members will reply over the course of today, and provide you with some support, and direction.

Dockers6
D1ng0
Senior Contributor

Hey @Alltaken, welcome to the forums! I've found this to be a really supportive place, I hope you will too.

Hi and welcome, @Alltaken , it's good to have you here 🙂

Can I ask what "quiet BPD" is? 

And do you have any professional supports...you said you need some help? 

You can type anything into the Search bar above to find threads on that topic. Also, a handy forum tip to tag someone is to type @ and then click on their name in the drop-down box - that way they'll get a notification that you've replied to them.

I hope you find the forums supportive 🙂

Alltaken
Casual Contributor

Hello, nice to meet you.

Quiet bpd or high functioning bpd is everything bpd is but we keep it in. People don't know and when we do go pop and lash out they are shocked you acted that way. Everything seems fine on the outside, you got everything under control but inside it's screaming,  inside is a whole different place and no one knows it....

Sorry, went off track.....the first sentence is the answer. 

Hi @Alltaken ,

I also have BPD. I can certainly relate to what you are sharing. 

During my early days, as stormy as I was internally, I held a job and did very well at it. However, as soon as I came home, I became a totally different person. People would think I was 'pretending' and I was told I could 'control it'. Those comments really hurt because in actual fact, I couldn't control it.

Years on, I'm in a much better place. After a lot of intensive psychotherapy, I'm a totally changed person. 

BPD has really taught me a lot. I realised I didn't have the skills to regulate my emotions, more maintain relationships. Through therapy, I've come so far. Believe it or not, I can truly say I love life now 🙂

What are some things you are interested in? @Alltaken 

Alltaken
Casual Contributor

Thanks, nice to meet you
Alltaken
Casual Contributor

Thanks a lot.

It's certainly helpful to have people to connect with and talk to @Alltaken 🙂

Hello @Alltaken it's really nice to meet you, I'm glad you're here! I think you will be in perfect company on the forums and definitely amongst fellow humans who get it 😊

What kind of music do you like?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance