Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Courtney1
New Contributor

Multiple Diagnosis

Hi 👋 

I am new. 
I just wanted to see if anybody else is struggling with current meds for diagnosis,

I am currently weaning myself off all current meds with the support from my psychiatrist.  I have recently been institutionalised and learned a lot about different drugs etc. 

My confirmed diagnosis are,

MDD

Anxiety

Complex PTSD

OCD

Dissociation Disorder 

Agoraphobia

Anybody out there taking anything that works well for even one of the above diagnosis? 

thanks for reading 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Multiple Diagnosis

Hi @Courtney1 🙂 Welcome to the SANE forums.

I hope you find a community here that understands and supports you through your journey.

I would like to point out that discussing specific medications and dosages isn't allowed according to our Safety Guidelines (https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage/title/safety). This is to keep forums safe for everyone.

But you're welcome to talk about your experiences with your mental health and treatment. I am sure other members will relate to your experiences and can provide support. 

Hi @Courtney1 ,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm hearing how juggling meds can take time. It can be confusing too. I'm glad you hear you are being supported by a psychiatrist to find what works for you.

Do you have any strategies you feel work for you? Or are there things you have tried to help you through some of the emotional bumps along your MH journey?

For example, some people find journalling helpful. Others find exercise, watching a movie, or hanging out with others helpful. 

Are there things that work for you?

Also, do you have any interests or hobbies that keep you going?

We hope you find the connection you deserve on the forums 🙂

Hey @Courtney1, welcome to the forums 😊

It's really great that you've got access to a psychiatrist! Do you feel comfortable discussing this matter with them? They would be best suited to guide you, if they know your situation, diagnoses, etc.

Hi and welcome, @Courtney1 , it's good to have you here 🙂

I also share the diagnoses of MDD, Anxiety, OCD and Agoraphobia. I have 2 others as well, and it makes juggling them all difficult. Do you find the same? 

What form does your OCD take? Mine is germophobia, but I also have some counting and checking. 

handy forum tip to tag someone is to type @ and then click on their name in the drop-down box - that way they'll get a notification that you've replied to them.

Also, you can type anything into the Search bar above to find threads on that topic.

I hope you enjoy exploring the forums 🙂

I don’t understand what you mean tip to tag

Hey @Marie30 ,

When you want someone to receive a notification of your response, you can tag them in by typing "@" in front of their name e.g. @tyme 

By doing this, they will get a notification of your post and they can come back to read it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance