Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Place

Hi all, I just wanted to let you know as my forum friends that I have changed my username for reasons of anonymity. I hope that it isn't too confusing. Some of you know about this already.

My new username symbolises hope in my recovery journey. From a tiny acorn a huge oak tree grows.

For the last time,

Meggle

@Oaktree hey Oaktree, may you grow healthy and strong day by day

Thanks so much @Meowmy 

That makes me feel like I picked the right tag. I love the idea of growing healthy and strong.

I really appreciate your words.

Thanks for letting us know @Oaktree . May you grow strong and prosper. Great name.

Thanks @Dimity

I think I love my new tag. Thanks for your kind words.

I chose it to match my avatar. I changed my avatar after a Thursday peer chat. I think it was @TideisTurning that said his avatar was a lighthouse and what it meant. Maybe correct me if I am wrong about which peer worker it was. Anyway I went and changed my avatar that night to a baby oak tree to symbolise hope. So to  me Oaktree symbolises hope in my recovery journey. I just didn't want to lose my forum friends in the transaction. I thought a bit about changing my tag but from what @Jynx said in the email they are starting to check usernames are truely anonymous so I think it was just a matter of time. Anyway I think I am happy as long as my friends realise it's me. I just hope that I didn't leave anyone out.

Hey Bella Meggle

@Oaktree 

it can be affirming choosing symbols and concepts that speak to us.

Maybe I should rethink my avatar @Oaktree ... it's a dormouse! 

Hi Meggle

Great that you have moved on. I haven't heard from you for ages. My garden unfortunately has gone to weeds. I have some art projects that I've been busy working on.

I hope the reasons for having to hide your identity are nothing too serious.

I have a big day tomorrow. It's my fortnightly shop and it's going to be hot. Oh well, I could change the day but I've run out of most things so it's off to town I go.

Hope everything else is good

@Oaktree = Quercus 🙌🏼  - new species Meggle Quercus

Thank you for letting us know @Oaktree Love the new name and what it symbolises ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance