Skip to main content

Re: My Place

@Shaz51 women tend to marry him similar to their father. To change the story.

Mr Shaz is not mentally emotionally psychologically or physically abusive.

Therefore you must have done a LOT of work on yourself to stop the pattern of abuse.

What did you do to help yourself?

G

When indeed @PeppyPatti 

Sometimes it’s healing to talk about it.

Sometimes I still feel that way @Jynx. I have a difficult relationship with my daughter and she rejects me in small ways. She recently refused to talk to me for 6 months. We have only just started talking again in the last month. Every time it brings back the Mother rejection pain. I agree with Shaz. Definitely affects current and future relationships 

@Glisten @PeppyPatti @Jynx @Shaz51 @AD_SANE_LEM 

Lucky for me my husband is very kind, caring and patient! He supports me as well as he can. Sometimes I just say “I hate my life”

@Jynx 

Thank you for checking in with me and for your caring and solidarity! It means a lot!!!

These feelings will come in time to time @Oaktree , @PeppyPatti but it depends what we do with these feelings over time xx

Good question @Glisten with me I would put it down to my real uncle and aunty influence over time which has helped me to pick a wonderful caring Mr shaz xx

@Jynx it is still our brain that will cause us to over think of what people say to us which promotes rejections 

Not lucky @Oaktree it was meant to be to have a wonderful,  caring,  supportive husband by your side 💖 

Like me xxx

@Jynx 

@Shaz51 @Jynx 

I definitely overthink things. I tend to ruminate. I replay conversations in my mind over and over again. Causing myself more pain no doubt 

@Shaz51 

I am glad that you have a wonderful husband too. You deserve the best

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@PeppyPatti It is hard, especially the comparison part. "Comparison is the thief of joy" is a go to quote I think of to help remind myself that comparing my journey to others' helps neither them nor me. 

When do we seek and give empathy? As soon as we're able to, as soon as our energy allows us to I suppose? 

Some childhood wounds never fully heal, but we can learn to grow around them. 

@Oaktree oh I'm so sorry to hear that it's so strained with your daughter. I hope things have been going okay with you two chatting again? 

You too @Oaktree xx

And still do overthinking 🙃