Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

It certainly is a dance where I am not the lead, that’s for sure @TAB 

necessity has been the desperate partner in finding means to ends, is the only summation I can give to how I tend to (mostly) manage 🙂🌺 

@Glisten  just knowing how generous that is actually makes the ground shake beneath my feet… 🫂🌺💜

I’m in NSW🙂

living here is the last place I’ll be at, because I can’t buy another place and install the necessary uninterrupted power supply stuff, while waiting for this place to sell (and because it’s in very deep need of repair, I would get way under market value).. bridging loans only happen when you have a job, and I don’t have one of those - only DSP, which I haven’t had for very long (and only happened by a lucky mistake, while working with a job provider who could see how bad condition I was in physically/medically, and refused to force me to work/put me at risk any longer). Anyway, I was able to scrape together the bare minimum of uninterrupted power supplies here over the recent couple of years, so it’s kind of like the place I’m stuck at. 
Your skills at MacGyver’ing sound immense, and it would be such an honour to live nearby ☺️🌺💜🙂

well whatever works I guess @PinkFlamingo  its like I am the guy whose world has ended cos i lost a little finger talking to someone with no feet. I should shut up.

Aw, you know what @TAB , please never think a comparison is ever helpful: we all have our baggage to carry and it’s not about the amount, ok? 🙂🌺🫂

you and I are in our own struggles - what matters is how we can reach out and help each other, and hear each other, and that is what helps us each carry that load of ours, wouldn’t you agree? 🙂🌺

What actually matters is the reaching out when someone is down 💜🙂

I am always hesitant to speak of what I’m facing because I do not ever want anyone to feel diminished in the shadow of someone else’s (like mine) crapola. We all feel the acute pain of hardship in our own ways, and anyone and everyone’s crapola is just as [expletive] hard to manage when it feels like all is imploding - regardless of what caused that feeling 🌺🫂💜

So, please..no comparisons my friend, ok? 🌺🙂🫂

just you chatting with me has enormous benefit to my state of mind and sense of worth, so please keep that in mind, too 🙌🏻☺️

..I cant answer that without a comparison. @PinkFlamingo  so I won't. 😊

fungi-macro-photography-alison-pollack-12.jpg

Dearest @PinkFlamingo 

What an insightful message you send to @TAB 

We in Australia need to be mindful that there are millions of people in the world that would give their right arm to live in our position. That's what I think at least. 

@Doldip15 wrote a wonderful message on joining a group of people and her story associated with it. I think it was called CU2 or something but iv the details of it. I thought it was a way to meet people who may become a friend ..... I dunno. @Doldip15  was writing how her ex husband met women who made him lots of cakes etc. Sounds like @Doldip15 has had charmers in her life hey. But like me. A charmer. In a good way. 

I spent last night on free AI called Gemini google getting information on Adelaide. I'm going to visit Adelaide next week. Was too lazy to get internet information.....

Aw, sorry @TAB , I didn’t mean to silence you.. 🙂🌺

I meant that there’s no usefulness in comparing one persons difficulties with another because doesn’t matter what it is, it can still hurt and cause us hardship 💜

that was the context I wanted to refer to 🌺🙂

please feel free to say anything, anytime 🙌🏻☺️🌺

sorry - I’m not the best today…

I know what you were saying @PinkFlamingo  I was just stating fact. 

Thank you kindly @PeppyPatti 🌺💜🙂

@TAB, I'm too preoccupied at the moment to delve into the depths of your posts in finer detail, but I've gathered that you are having difficulty avoiding resorting to alcohol to fill the voids in your life and I've got to share some ideas with you. I get that you'll probably disagree, let it roll over you like water off a duck's back etc., but it is this:

When I lost my family and everything I'd worked for, I decided not to look upon it as an ordeal or an obstacle, but an adventure and an opportunity to find my true self without obstruction. I saw a preview of a Nick Knowles program recently where he said that the difference between an ordeal and an adventure is attitude, so he and I agree. 

Giving up alcohol is like giving up on self-pity, a social crutch etc., which is a comfortable and familiar way of life, but we only have one life and it is, for the most part, what we make it. Giving up alcohol leaves an enormous gap in one's life—habituation—and it has to be filled with something that is both fulfilling and distracting. I'm not saying it's easy. It's difficult, but remembering that you'll have failures along the way that you'll have the opportunity to learn from is half the battle. Often, the people we are mixing with are just not the right mix. Look for another group after giving it your best shot.

Join a sport group, a club of some kind, learn a new skill, do a course, learn something to do with your new home—gardening? eg. Find what really interests you. YouTube has how-tos for everything imaginable, but make your activity something that leaves you with a 'product'—a skill, also a social skill, greater knowledge on a subject of interest etc., something that has enabled you to grow into your better self.

I have used the above to save myself to date and I've failed many times, but after dusting myself off and getting up the courage to try something else at a later date, I am, at present, in a good place

I only wish you well, @TAB.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance