Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Place

Thanks @Zoe7 

It was me talking about my lighthouse picture @Oaktree, great memory! 😊 I feel privileged it has supported you to find a new forumname and picture that feel resonant for you, as mine do for me 💙

@TideisTurning 

My memory is usually pretty good but I second guessed myself there lol. Thanks for the inspiration. 

@TideisTurning @Zoe7 @Glisten @BlueBayou1 @Dimity @Morrie @Appleblossom @LeChuck @tonys @Sophia1 @Eve7 @ClockFace @Janeh @EternalFlower @Owlunar2 @TAB @Fiefke @Captain24 @Snowie @Jacques @NatureLover @Bill16 @faithandhope @Dimity @StuF @SmilingGecko @Hopefulsoul @greenpea @Historylover @saturnzoon @Meowmy @-abbey- @Former-Member @hanami @tyme @RiverSeal @Jynx @amber22 

Hey everyone,

feels like it took a million years to tag everyone.

So I just got back from a respite trip to Denmark in Southwest Western Australia. We drove down on Monday. I went with my mental health organisation on the NDIS. There were 7 clients and 5 support workers. We made a few stops on the way down. We had lunch at Williams Woolshed and I had a lovely sausage roll, sauce and hot chips. Then we skipped stopping at Mt Barker and just drove straight to Denmark. We stayed at the beautiful Karri Mia chalets which are lovely with gorgeous views. I didn’t actually take photos this year as I have some from when I went to the same place last year.

IMG_5484.jpeg

 On the Tuesday it was crazy hot for Denmark, it is usually a lot cooler there. It was 39 degrees. We went into town in the morning and looked around and then we drove to a food place that does icecream, burgers and drinks. They also sell weird and wonderful condiment concoctions and toffees. After that we went to Ducketts Mill and bought cheese and had a cheese toastie with havarti cheese for lunch. It was a bit fancy for a cheese toastie. Then we went back to the chalet for a few hours and capped off the day with dinner at the Denmark Tavern. That wasn’t a good experience with one lady finding steel wool in her parmi. Then yesterday we went to Albany, looked around at the ANZAC museum, then we went into town and wandered around. Had lunch at a cafe then back to the chalet where we had cheese and crackers and then pizza for dinner. Then today it was back on the road stopping at the bakery in Mt Barker for breakfast and Williams again for lunch. Got home at 2pm

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Hint: save all your tags in a word doc lol! @Oaktree 

I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

Sounds like you had a good time @Oaktree 

@tyme 

I post on my phone and when I copy and paste the tags they don’t seem to work 

TAB
Senior Contributor

sounds wonderful @Oaktree  been a long time since I've been there, prob close to 15 years now

I didn’t even include the funny pizza dinner we clients had in one of the chalets. We giggled for 90 minutes straight and just about choked on our pizza and spat out our drinks. It was hilarious 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Oaktree  I loved reading your adventure, but the best most awesome bit was the post-script about the laughing pizza! 😁👌🏻🌺🙌🏻

That has made my night, hearing how much fun you guys had 🌺☺️

Thanks heaps for taking the time to share - it’s so lovely and I’m glad you had a great time (besides the steel wool in the parmi..! That’s a bit of industrial strength floss for sure!) 

🌺💜🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance